Vingroup Big Data Institute has already conducted a pilot implementation for their level 4 self-driving electric cars, with many outstanding features compared to some similar products previously introduced in Vietnam.
Achieving level 4 out of 5 on international standards scale, VinBigdata’s solution delivers the smoothest travel experience even without a driver.
This is an applicable technology for autonomous vehicles operating in resorts or smart cities. Researched and developed by VinBigdata, the vehicle has outstanding features such as: high resolution map for areas which are up to 10 square kilometers; the optimal positioning ability with an error of only 5cm in the active area.
The solution is capable of identifying obstacles on the road such as pedestrians, vehicles, and traffic signs with a high rate of accuracy. It is thanks to the application of artificial intelligence combining with data collected from 2 lidars and six 102-degree wide-angle cameras. Meanwhile, it has the ability to automatically decelerate from a distance of 30 meters or change lanes from a distance of 10 meters when detecting obstacles blocking the road. Automatic parking feature is also integrated into the smart vehicle.
Especially, the car can steer itself to avoid obstacles and then return to the previous lane. It is able to run on complex terrains such as hills, when climbing uphill, downhill; making a huge difference in terms of technology compared to current solutions.
The average speed of level 4 autonomous vehicles developed by VinBigdata can be up to a maximum of 30km/h, which is an impressive speed for electric passenger vehicles with a large payload of up to 23 seats.
VinBigData’s self-driving car solution is developed based on the most advanced technologies, demonstrating Vingroup’s outstanding competence in technology research and application.
Currently, self -driving cars are divided into 5 main levels:
- Level 1 is to partially support control operations, the driver still has to take the main responsibility.
- Level 2 is a vehicle that can be partially self-propelled, but the driver still has to monitor and intervene in a timely manner.
- Level 3 is a vehicle that can drive itself under certain conditions without constant supervision.
- Level 4 is a fully autonomous vehicle that requires no driver supervision, but is only used in certain areas.
- Level 5 is a fully autonomous vehicle with all operations just like a human-being driver.