On June 12, Vingroup Innovation Foundation (VINIF) will coordinate with The International Center for Research and Postgraduate Training in Mathematics (UNESCO Math Center) to co-organize the Vietnam’s Science and Technology Day 2021. With the theme “Innovation for the future”, the program will provide expert perspectives around the potential application of science and technology in many different areas of life.
Since 2014, May 18 has been chosen as Vietnam’s Science and Technology Day. This is an important milestone of the domestic Science – Technology community in order to honor Vietnamese scientists’ efforts and successes in recent years, meanwhile planning activities and goals for the future development of the industry.
To celebrate this event, on June 12, the Vingroup Innovation Foundation (VINIF, under VinBigdata) will coordinate with the UNESCO Math Center (Institute of Mathematics, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology) to organize the Vietnam’s Science and Technology Day 2021. This year, the event has the theme called “Innovation for the future”.
With a series of 06 mass lectures conducted by 06 prestigious scientists in the country, the program will analyze the potential application of science and technology in many different fields such as agriculture, medicine, archaeology, etc. Thanks to the presence of experienced experts, as well as diverse and urgent topics such as the COVID-19 pandemic, the event hopes to spread the most up-to-date scientific and technological knowledge to the public, thereby motivating young scientists in Vietnam.
DETAIL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EVENT:
- Event: Vietnam’s Science and Technology Day 2021: “Innovation for the future”.
- Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday, June 12, 2021.
- Venue: Hoang Tuy Hall, Institute of Mathematics – Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
- The program will be livestreamed on the VINIF fanpage.
- Follow event information HERE.
- Content: The program includes 06 mass lectures:
- Covid-19 vaccine production technology: Vietnam and global situation in vaccine production and some notes when injecting Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam. – Dr. Pham Quang Thai – Deputy Head of the Department of Infectious Disease Control – National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology.
- Some geometry problems and tree diagrams of viruses – Assoc.Prof. Nguyen The Toan – Dean of Physics Department – Hanoi University of Science.
- From archeology to virtual reality technology: The case of the One Pillar Pagoda under Ly’s Dynasty in 1105 – Assoc.Prof. Tran Trong Duong – Head of Minh Van Research Department – Institute of Han Nom Studies, Postgraduate Lecturer at Academy of Social Sciences, Leader of SEN Heritage.
- Decoding Vietnamese genes in the era of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence – Dr. Vo Sy Nam – Head of Department of Translational Biomedical Informatics, VinBigdata.
- Linked Data for Open Data in Agriculture – Assoc.Prof.Dr. Hoang Huu Hanh – Vice Chairman of Scientific Council – Digital Agriculture Cooperative.
- Statistics – The connector between Mathematics and Experimental Science – Assoc.Prof.Dr. Ho Dang Phuc – Former Head of Probability and Statistics Department – Institute of Mathematics.
Register HERE to join the online event. (Registration deadline: before 12 pm on 06/11/2021).
The event was sponsored by UNESCO Math Center – Institute of Mathematics and Vingroup Innovation Foundation – VinBigdata.