The Institute of Big Data is a research institute founded by Vingroup. Our mission is to conduct data-driven research that helps to develop high-impact applications. We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join Biomedical Informatics Center.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Keep improving the development environment and process.
- Continuously enhance reliability, performance, and scalability of our system.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Participate in Agile software development, prototyping, and code review with development teams to build scalable microservices-based products.
- Work with delivery teams to achieve success through development using CI/CD and DevOps practices, processes and tooling.
- Provide robust coding practices and solid unit and component test coverage, and code debugging.
- A team player.
- 6+ years’ experience as a Backend Engineer or similar software engineering roles.
- 4+ years’ experience in building large-scale real-world projects.
- Programming language: Python and/or Go.
- An understanding of core backend methodology like REST, GraphQL, and common pitfalls when using one of the framework: Flask, FastAPI (Python) or Gin, Fiber (Golang).
- Strong experience in design complex systems (System design, OOP design).
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment.
- 2+ years’ experience with AWS infrastructure ans services (we use ECS, RDS, Step Functions, EKS, API Gateway, AWS Batch, SQS, SNS, SES, Lambdas & Cognito, to name a few).
- Experience with caching layers (e.g. Redis / ElastiCache).
- Tools: Git, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD tools.
- Databases: Mongodb, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch.
- Good knowledge of message queue system such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, Redis.
- Familiarity with Agile workflow methodologies (SCRUM).
- Love to automate things.
- Excellent technical, organizational, analytical and documentation skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills and able to think about possible issues.
- Ability to be flexible and assist in other areas where needed.
- Insurance and premium health care for employers and/or their families.
- Preferences when using the services of the Vingroup’s member companies.
- Training course and certificates support.
- Nice and professional working environment with nice and excellent colleagues.
- Values-driven, international working environment and agile culture.